JSA has become the only Airfield Certified Installer for Profile Products
This allows us to install leading edge “Hydraulically Applied” High Blast control systems among many others. These systems utilising Flex-Terra (see below) maintain CAA compliance with both CAP 168 and CAP 772.
Airfield High Blast Control in the UK has, in the past, been solved by using traditional pins/batons and Netlon. Unlike pins/batons and Netlon, applied erosion control systems are sprayed on and therefore genuinely follow the contours of the ground, with no bridging or potential for washout below the matting. Conventional netting can allow water to seep through and gradually cause washout.
These spray-on systems actually lock the soil particles down using soil binders and biodegradable fibres to create a seamless blanket of protection. Hydraulically applied erosion control systems have been proven to reduce soil loss by 99% compared to traditional erosion control mats and are highly effective as a replacement for traditional methods of blast protection.
These products are applied at thicknesses ranging from 2mm to 5mm depending on the severity of the blast area. In basic hydroseeding, mulch is used simply as a carrier to transport seed. However, in hydraulic high blast protection it is the mulch itself which initially holds the key protection-properties during the establishment of the seed.
Advantages of Flex-Terra Hydraulically applied high blast protection include:
- Faster/quicker than conventional pins/batons and Netlon.
- Biodegradable Product that requires no removal of pins and batons on germination
- Sets/cures within a 2 hour window
- No more grass growing through Netlon causing a potential FOD issue when grass cutting
- No more baton break-up causing FOD issues
- 400% improvement on grass germination over conventional drilling
- Superior moisture retention characteristics
- Immediately effective upon application—bonds directly to the soil
- Bird deterrent qualities—Flexterra’s ingredients are palatably distasteful to birds.
- Ideal for dormant seeding and long term protection in arid climates
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed costs than rolled blankets.
- Proven to be completely environmentally friendly.